Day 2 Sila continued and a concrete plan
I have a plan. I will be guided mainly by Joseph Goldstein and Sharon Salzburg’s ‘Insight Meditation Workbook’ on the left, while the main book for information will be ‘Mindfulness’ by Joseph Goldstein and accompanying dhamma talks (and implicitly all of Bhikkhu Anālayo’s works). A great deal of Bhikkhu Bodhi’s works (his translations of the Suttas, for instance) will be referenced but especially his ‘The Noble Eightfold Path: Way To The End Of Suffering’ for its compact explication of the entire path. His Abhidhamma course on the Wisdom website will be pivotal to my understanding. And below that is ‘The Dhammapada,’ which should come in handy for motivation and guidance. Many, many other works will be studied... only a handful of leaves, not the entire forest is needed for awakening however so I will remember to keep it simple...


Comments
Post a Comment